Sunday, June 20, 2010

Love motivates this person, who does not cook, to try my hand at preparing healthy, low sodium, meals.  I made my first acceptable soup this weekend.  Fresh Vegy's plus a good receipe = delicious ministrone soup!!!  As in perfectly yummy!!!   And, my darling Suzanne liked it.  She is down to about 100-102 lbs. right now, so "liking it" is important.

And, this adventure in soup making has left me with a new found respect for the benifits of gardening.  Vegy's are EXPENSIVE...  Keep putting those seeds in the ground Mike.  :-)

Went to Trader Joe's yesterday and bought a beautiful pot of Basil.  This is my new True Love... glorious, delicate, fragrent Basil.  Will "plant" this pot on top of Suzanne's little patio - which is more of a garden than many city dwellers have.  I will put it in soups, and atop tomatoes, and in pestos.  Ahhh... me thinks this is the beginning of a long lasting affair.

Did anyone notice my blog "date" is now in correct order?  Wierd... not complainging, just happily surprised.  At any rate, I send Basil love to all my darling friends, old and new.  XOXOXO for now.    

No comments: