Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Had to leave Gainesville, and my darling Pam and Mama Jan, and am back in Jacksonville.

However, I would like to note that before I left Gainesville I saw two Pileated Woodpeckers. Absolutely huge, and rather primeval in appearance. Also saw house wrens, and several other small birds, but everything faded at the sight of the Pileated Woodpeckers. Strange and Beautiful....

Still have that hacking cough I picked up in Gainesville, but otherwise am well and happy. Took Mom shopping on Monday and she bought five new pairs of shoes :-D Seems everything she had hurt her feet, so now she can purge her closet and start anew.

Completed my first "Dell's Best All Easy Crossword Puzzles", thank you Suzanne, and made the mistake of purchasing "New York Times Light and Easy Puzzles"... HA! Should have known better as it was edited by Will Shortz, possibly the worlds smartest and cagiest puzzle master...
Ended up giving it to Mom (the 90 year old quiz whizz) and she got me another Dells "easy" puzzles.

Also, Lori shared a new site with me... Is anyone familiar with bing.com? They have great wallpaper, and it is a very interesting site.

Well, that's it for now, except I should be heading back to California this Tuesday.

xoxoxo for now... G.

No comments: