Friday, January 7, 2011

The hand has a memory of it's own...

It's been a long while since I've drawn faces that I've been satisfied with.  I've been trying to remember how I used to draw.  When I haven't drawn for a long while my hand feels stiff, but if I push on, the memory in my hand comes back...  I truly believe the hand has a memory of it's own.

The Eyes Have It...
So, what do you think?

I think an artist has to be careful not to be overly influenced by art that's "popular".  I'm having fun sketching, "doodling", again...  and, although I think it's a bit "tight", I believe zendoodle as been useful to help me loosen up creatively.

3 comments:

Janina♥ said...

The memory is you! A little girl♥

Janina♥

Anonymous said...

Awww... thanks Janina. G.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail! I like the eyes...ms.