Friday, August 13, 2010

...and to continue

The Car... I forgot to list the largest, most expensive possession I own.

The Car!
40.  The Car

And I also forgot to say my car finally passed the smog test.  I needed a new gas cap.  Not overly expensive in itself, but I had to pay to have the car re-tested, and then it starts adding up.  $130. for the new license and fees,  $11. for a new lock style gas cap,  $20. for the first smog test, $30 for the second one.  And me... without a job.  :-)

...and to continue

41.  All my art supplies and craft paraphernalia which, itemized probably numbers in the hundreds of tubes, bottles, paper, canvas, brushes, pots, containers, jars, etc., etc., etc.  So I will list them thusly. Oil Painting supplies.
42.  Water color supplies.
43.  Acrylic painting supplies.
44.  Beading supplies.
45.  ALL other craft supplies.
46.  Wardrobe, including everything
47.  Misc. kitchen stuff
48.  All my other stuff..
49.  AND in a week or two my friend Slade will be helping me get my first (second hand) lap top computer.  This, for me is a huge biggie, and I'm totally looking forward to it.

Simplification is not as easy as it sounds.  You can see that with a number of giant cheats, I'm well below the 100 Things Challenge, ...right.


I think simplification is beautiful goal, but for me it needs to be applied in spirit, not necessarily by the letter of the law.  It is a goal... but could easily become, and should not be an obsession.


Any thoughts about this?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you for being under the 100 challenege if that is what your going for? i dont know if its a good thing or not to be under but i would imagine so. so good luck!
~Jessica~

Janina said...

Gail~Well said....It is very hard to simplify, but the changes have to start within our heart. Possessions do not make who we are. Possessions do not make us happy, they fill a void. They also, weigh us down. The less you have the more happier you are! The less responsibilities.

♥Janina♥

Anonymous said...

A sequence to what I just posted.

Time is the Essence of everything.
Prospective helps us keep things in check. Obsession is not the answer!
Balance~
Gail you are one of the most, beautiful people I know. Despite imperfections, you continue putting on the "New Personality". You have wonderful communicating skills. And you are a wonderful Artist and Mother.

You really made me think; and analyze about things. And these are my mere views and reflections. But I am sticking to the story.

Ciao~Bella
Janina♥

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. I'm going to look up those simplification sites. ms.