Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's a Zoo Out There...

Yesterday Suzanne and I visited the Sacramento Zoo.  It's not a large zoo, but appears to be well designed, with many large shade trees, and the comfort of their animals in mind.

Welcome to the Zoo...

Lions and...
 

Tigers (Mama) and....
Baby tiger, Oh My!!!!  Too Cute

I think fur looks best on it's original owner!


It was exhausting-ly hot!!!

There were many strange and beautiful birds

And of course, one of my favorites, 
Flamingos...
Marvelous, strange, beautiful...

How did these two get out of their cage?
Two for Trouble...

Suzanne's favorite zoo sculpture - the Crocodile

I rather liked this sculpture.

 Addax

Rear View...
 No collection is complete without the Giraffe

I absolutely Love the Ring Tail Lemurs...

All in all yesterday was a very good day.

We just got some bad news.  Roberta's in emergency surgery...   She has some health issues, and was not feeling well last night.  Her grand kids took her to the doctor today, and he put her in for surgery immediately.  Will let you know how she is, as soon as I know more.

2 comments:

Janina said...

Loved your excursion to the zoo with Suzanne. Did I ever tell you? "When I lived in San Francisco,1544 Diamond St., we could hear the Lions roar" The wind was just right and it was clear as a bell...

I hope Roberta comes home soon.

Lots of love

Janina♥

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures of the zoo! I love the zoo and all the animals.. once they had an a exhibit of penguins at that one! penguins are my favorite animal... and so are the tigers... i loved seeing the baby tiger! glad you two had fun! hope grandma gets better soon!

~Jess~