Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The fruitage of the tree...

Here are some of the sweet-tart apples from the back yard.  Yesterday evening I went and picked a bowl of those little plums off the plum tree.  Had to stand on a ladder to do so...
I think the  birds will probably get the rest of the plums as they are to high up for me to reach.  I'm going to check the apricots this morning.  I feel a bit like a farmer, without the "farming".  It's nice.



 Some of the hens from our neighbors hen-house behind the "Hunting Lodge".  These kind neighbors gave us a dozen fresh eggs several weeks ago.  They were beautiful, and delicious, no white eggs, and some of the yolks were a bright orange.


The rooster crows every morning - but is far enough away that it does not really bother us at all.  He is a very good "Master of His House", whenever anyone or anything comes near their coop he herds them all to the back, where you cannot see them.  I had to wait quite a while to get this picture... I think they believed I had gone away before they started peeking out from behind their house.

That's all for today... please don't forget to sign your comments.  I LOVE hearing from you, and would love to know who is sending their comments.  xoxoxo for now.

3 comments:

Janina said...

Loving the Chickens....♥ So happy for you to have them....♥I know how much you wanted them in your back-yard....♫♫♪

Ciao~Bella

Janina

kt said...

Thought you left the country behind in AL! Don't you love all the fresh fruit? Yummy! Fresh eggs, too, you've got it good there!

Karen Torres

Anonymous said...

I like the chickens! ms.