Monday, November 1, 2010

A beautiful hazy morning...

I love fog, and I love waking up to the fog... but it never lasts long in Sacramento.  However, I do enjoy it while it lasts. 

Here are some pics of the Llamas down the street. 
They are quite elegant animials. 
I watched this guy jump the inside enclosure so he could brows closer to the street.
He stayed behind the "street" fence.


His friend stayed behind the first enclosure...
Aren't they cute?

This is the beginning of my latest knitting project.

 These are my original notes, from many years ago...

It's going to be a baby sweater...  This is one of my designs that is usually done in ecrue.  I've wanted to do one in black for a long time.  I hope the cable pattern shows.  You almost never see babies dressed in black, which I think actually looks good on them.  Rather European don't you think???


I finally got some pictures of the feral cat we have been feeding, with her kittens.  There are three, but I was only able to get pictures of the two.  The third one is black with more white...  I watched them playing on the front lawn this morning as I was writing this.  They are a little more grown now, and sillier than a bunch of squirrels. 


Here is Mama, standing guard...
She is very alert to danger.

Isn't Mama cat pretty? 
She is as wild as can be...  but is a bit tamer now. 

Now she simply hisses, bares her fangs, and growls in a furious manner... but not as bad as before.  Now she actually approaches while hissing and growling and waits for her food from a small distance.  The kittens are never in sight until the door has been closed for a while.  These are out of focus as they were shot at night, through the entry window.

We went to Apple Hill on Friday, by way of the lost, and somehow ended up in Coloma???  I think it's the recreation of the gold digging town,or possibly the rebuilt remains of a long ago time.


Looking down from the bridge


As you can see, this is a very narrow bridge... we hardly got on it when Roberta screamed "Oh No!!!  The sign said 'Not open for traffic'"....  I hit the brakes so hard it almost gave us ALL a heart attack.  Very Funny Roberta...  grrrrrrr.

We finally arrrived at Apple Hill around 3:00.

Here are some cuties we found at one of the stands...



Someone asked why I call them Yamas instead of Lamas.  It is because I learned the Spanish pronunciation early on, and it stuck. 

Well that's it for now...  I hope some of you are still out there checking on me...

xoxoxo G. :-)

1 comment:

Janina♥ said...

Wow loved your new Pics. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Now I have ringing in my ears "Llama" "Yama" Lol the way you say"Yama"

Miss u and glad u put new photo's up!

xoxoox~♥