Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's a Beautiful Morning...

It is a beautiful morning... I've flung the doors and windows open, and a mockingbird nearby is serenading the neighborhood...

Please meet Poisson Chat (I'm not sure of the spelling) it's French, and fancy sounding for Cat Fish.  Ha! 


This was done on a wood panel, the lines are burnt in with a wood burning tool.  You can actually feel the groove - the black outline is a natural result of the burn..  I used some of my hand carved stamps for the border and stars...  then painted with acrylics, and metallic acrylics.   If you click on the picture you can see the final step was glitter (I'm such a magpie) I just  love things that shine and sparkle...  I rather like the pensive expression.  I miss the sea... 

Have been sidetracked with mundane things and have not painted anything new this week.  Gotta remedy that!!!
 
That's it for now, let me know what you think...

4 comments:

Janina said...

Dear Gail,
How so cool....♥♫♫♪

Janina said...

The cat fish is just way too cute the expression....I love it♥




Ciao~Bella

Janina

Janina said...

Oh, Poisson the Cat.. The sparkle the glitter....♥

Anonymous said...

I like the Poison Chat, especially his color! ms.