Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's on my mind...

Last night I went insane... truly.

I added to my profile - all kinds of stuff.  Just typed my little heart out for all the world to see. 
This morning I woke up, horrified, felt like an open book ...Exposed.

Well, not for long.  I erased it ALL this morning.  Couldn't stand the exposure.  Sorry guys, it's just too much, I can only share a bit at a time.  Anyway, I've got a bit to share this morning.

Camera Love! Saw this guy by the edge of the road Sunday morning.  By the time I drove close enough he slipped under the fence and was taking off.  I was thrilled to be able to catch him at all.

See him there, to the left?


I know this is grainy,
but I just love what my camera can do!!!
 Doesn't he look a bit like a kangaroo with wings!

This is what's been on my mind for the past week... 

Had to get California license plates for my car this month.  It cost three times as much as it would have in Alabama, or Oregon...  AND I have to get the car smogged before they will give me my plates.  Plus my check engine light has been on for almost a year, which (I learned) means an automatic fail on the smog test. I bought a new gas cap, filled up the tank, and had a friend look at it.  He said I have "an emissions leak".  It's the most common cause for smog check failure.  He doesn't have the equipment to check this for me, but wrote everything down that I might need to know.  The new gas cap may fix it, but probably not.  He, kindly, reset my check engine light, and said to drive 75 to 100 miles to reset the "thingy" (my word, not his...), and maybe the light will stay off, if not...  (Incidentally, while I was there, his darling wife was busy canning in the kitchen - she gave me a jar of the most delicious zucchini relish I have ever tasted, and I am not a relish person.)  Sweet, sweet people, thank you very much.

To add insult to injury my brakes are now squealing, as in one minute they weren't, and the next minute they were.  I was driving home from Suzanne's, stopped at the post office for her, and... Awful sound!  Creeps me out!

A reminder for me
The birds in heaven do not sow seed...
The lilies of the field do not weave cloth....
Stay centered, try to keep my eye simple.
 I love "The Art of Imperfection" by Vienne & Lennard

Well that's it for now.  Have to figure out what I'm going to do about my car.  If you've read down to here then thanks for sticking with me for my "bit of a grumble".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh gail quit your whining!!!! goodness! haha just kidding! ;)
~Jessica~

Anonymous said...

Throw your burden you know where! ms.