Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow...

The star of the show today was discovered at the South Natomas Library Rose Garden yesterday - and is being featured today, which yesterday was tomorrow...  if you follow my drift.

 Presenting the bodacious 
"Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow" rose

At least I think that's what it is called.  It blooms one color the first day, the next day it is another color, and the day after that - the third color.  Yellow, pink, and white, if I can determine the sequence by the state of the blooms.  

Suzanne and I wanted to explore some of the libraries we had not visited before, and discovered this patch of beauty.  I wanted to take her picture with these flowers, but it was too hot for her.   To hot for me too...  I took a few pictures of this pretty, and one more bush, and had to retreat to the cool of the library.

 Here I am almost as pink as this rose...
It was very hot

The object of my attention 
had a fragrance as beautiful as it's appearance.
It was enough to make you swoon from sheer pleasure.

Incidentally, my car "Failed" the smog test.  Have till the end of September to get everything corrected, and will say no more till it's done.

TTFN my love to all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful the roses are.That is an extra plus that the same rose changes three colors and has a wonderful scent.Wonderful...Roberta

Janina said...

Gail Love the Roses! You have become one with them.♥Ha

Ciao~Bella
Janina

Anonymous said...

I love those roses! ms.